Our firm at a glance
ARIEMA counted on expert professionals with twenty-five years of experience on hydrogen-based technologies. In particular, ARIEMA staff has its expertise in the issues of hydrogen production, storage and uses. Furthermore, ARIEMA has extensive technical skills in the integration of renewable energy sources, both in turn-key installations and in national and international R&D projects.
ARIEMA Energy and Environment S.L. is a "Spin Off technology" company of the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) born in 2002. It is integrated by scientists and researchers focused on energy and R&D&I management since 1990. ARIEMA has been awarded the seal of “Innovative SME” by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO).
The experience of its professionals (Installations of El Arenosillo in Huelva, equipment installation and maintenance, national and European projects...) has allowed ARIEMA to be consolidated as a Spanish independent leading company for initiatives regarding hydrogen and fuel cells, with outstanding experience in energy efficiency and R&D&I management in all sectors involved.
In recent years, ARIEMA Group has diversified into two locations with the business structure detailed below:
- ARIEMA Energy and Environment S.L. is the parent firm located in Madrid and focused on consulting, engineering, installations and equipment.
- ARIEMA Enerxía S.L. is a subsidiary entity base in Santiago de Compostela and focused on fishing and aquaculture energy efficiency.
Activities developed by our entity are focused on six basic action fields.
ARIEMA carries out consultancy work specialized in hydrogen and fuel cells and energy efficiency for Spanish energy entities, which should be point out IBEX 35 companies, such as ACCIONA, GAMESA, FERROVIAL and REPSOL.
Besides private sector, ARIEMA also develops consultancy work for public entities. Consultancy works carried out by ARIEMA include from establish consultancy service to deep studies on a particular customer’s needs.
ARIEMA work in partnership with different companies and entities in innovation management. In this sense, ARIEMA has participated in numerous national and international projects, carrying out duties of advice and assistance in the preparation of proposals as well as participating as a partner or supplier company depending on the subject scope and structure of the project.
ARIEMA, through European Projects Office (OPE), aims to promote efficiently and effectively the participation of the national business community in international R&D&i activities. This initiative promoted by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) carried out a support service and assessment for the scientific community to encourage participation in research activities funded by the European Union (EU), particularly in matters relating to Horizon H2020 Programme (2014-2020).
ARIEMA develops engineering works and integration of hydrogen and fuel cell equipment in renewable energy installations. The most resilient activities are:
- Supplying and installation of alkaline and PEM electrolyzers up to 1Nm3/h.
- Turnkey projects design and installation of H2 production plant, and H2 storage and compression.
- Installation and startup medium power fuel cells.
- Installation of renewable energy systems
- Supplying educational kits for laboratory related to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies
ARIEMA truly believes in innovation as a business growth driver. As result of this, ARIEMA has been participating in over 35 R&D&i projects at national and international level focused on efficient energy and environmentally friendly solutions.
A list of flagship R&D projects, which ARIEMA has been participated as project coordinator or partner, is described below:
- PROFIT PILAGAS (Use of MCFC fuel cells with hydrogen from carbon), 2004-2006, PROFIT – Science and Educational Ministry.
- PSE Peixe Verde (Energy Saving and Efficiency in Fishing Vessels), 2006-2010, PSE – Science and Innovation Ministry.
- APACHE (Hydrogen and Fuel Cells applied to small electric vehicles), 2007-2009, Xunta de Galicia.
- PROYECTO PIE (Design a prototype unit integrated with fuel cell and electrolyzer), 2010, IMADE.
- MOBYPOST (Mobility with hydrogen for postal delivery), 2011-2015, SP1-JTI-FCH.2009.4.1 – European Commission
- SEAFRESH (Improve energy efficiency in cold storage management and implement a device for modifying atmospheres driven by fuel cells), 2013-2015, CONECTA PEME – Xunta de Galicia
- BIVALPLUS (Overall improvement of clams and cockleshell production cycle), 2013-2014, FEDER INTERCONECTA – MINECO
- AQUASEF (Eco-efficient Technologies Development for Environmental Improvement of Aquaculture), 2014-2017, LIFE13ENV/ES/000420
- AURORA (Autonomous Mobile Unit for Renewable Energy Generation), 2015-2017, FEDER INTERCONECTA – MINECO
- MUPYME (Employment and Women on the 21st century in Europe: From Household economy to SMEs economy), 2015-2018, ERASMUS +
- PEMFC – SUDOE (Energetic sustainability at the SUDOE region: PEMFC-SUDOE Network), 2016-2019, Interreg SUDOE
Flagship projects as a supplier or subcontracted company:
- RES2H2 (Renewable energy systems to hydrogen), 2002-2007, V Framework Program – European Commission
- PSE Minieólica (Hydrogen from wind power), 2007-2010, PSE – Science and Innovation Ministry
- ITHER (Technology Infrastructure for Hydrogen an Renewable Energies), 2007-2009, PROFIT - Science and Innovation Ministry
- CENIT SPHERA (Solutions of the energetic hydrogen production and associated restructuring), 2007-2010, CENIT- CDTI
- HYRREG (Hydrogen Interreg), 2008-2012, European Commission
- PSE SINTER (Intelligent systems to stabilize power grids), 2008-2010, PSE – Science and Innovation Ministry
ARIEMA has established its field of activity in Technical Management carrying out the following described labors:
- Technical Secretariat of Spanish Hydrogen Association (AeH2)
- Manage and support of Technical Secretariat of Spanish Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Technology Platform (PTE HPC)
- Secretariat of AENOR AEN/CTN 181 Standardization Committee Of Hydrogen
- Technical Secretariat of Spanish Fishing& Aquaculture Technology Platform (PTEPA)
- Co- Technical Secretariat of European Fisheries Technology Platform (EFTP)
- Manage and support of Technical Secretariat of Spanish Water Technology Platform (PTEA)
- Startup Galician Technology Platform TECNOPEIXE
- Interim manager during the startup phase of National Hydrogen Center (CNH2)
Dissemination and Awareness: ARIEMA as a Technical Secretariat of different organizations, has been participated in over 400 events related to several sectors, as well as organizing or/and managing meetings. Highlight events organized or coorganized by ARIEMA, can be found below:
- World Hydrogen Energy Conference (WHEC 2016)
- LIFE AQUASEF Networking Event (2016)
- Several Technical Seminars in the International Shipbuilding and Maritime Industry Exhibition (NAVALIA 2010, 2016)
- European R&D Call for proposals Workshop in the fishery and aquaculture sector (Dec. 2015)
- Private R&D funding in the water sector (2015)
- High-Tech Supply & Demand Meeting for the fishery and aquaculture sector (2015)
- European Hydrogen Energy Conference (EHEC 2005 y EHEC 2014)
- Technical Season “Eco-efficient technologies for aquaculture production” in National Aquaculture Conference
- Sector Meeting of Hydrogen and the Fuel Cells celebrated in Tres Cantos (2003), Zaragoza (2005) and Santiago de Compostela (2007
- General Assembly of Associations and Technology Platforms
- Organized the stands of Associations and Technology Platforms in professional Forums (GENERA, CONAMA, TRANSFIERE, Mariculture Offshore, CONXEMAR, etc.)
Training courses: Dissemination is one of the key lines for hydrogen technologies and innovation in general, and ARIEMA's expertise is well known within the Spanish sector.
Backed by previous editions, ARIEMA follow carrying out the best-specialized training in hydrogen and fuel cell technologies available in Spain. Almost 250 learners trained during the Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Course.
Furthermore, ARIEMA Staff participate as a teacher in different Masters related to renewable energy, hydrogen and fuel cells:
- Official Master in Renewable Energies, hydrogen and fuel cells, organized by CSIC and the UIMP.
- Master’s Degree in Renewable Energies, organized by European University Madrid (UEM).
- Master’s Degree in Renewable Energies and Environment (ERMA), organized by UPM. ARIEMA has been participated in this Master from 2010, on behalf of AeH2.
- Master in Photovoltaic solar energy, organized by Energy Solar Institute of UPM (IES-UPM). ARIEMA has been participated in this Master in 2013, on behalf of AeH2.
Website Management: More than 15 websites managed and/or maintained by ARIEMA due to its work as Technical Secretariat of Technology Platforms and Associations, event organizer, training company and R&D project partner.
Publications: Several documents have been drafted and/or elaborated by ARIEMA due to its work as Technical Secretariat of Technology Platforms and Associations.
PDF File Format